Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Cinderella story....

My boss had began courting me, at first it was like a joke, then he became serious... he was 20 years older than me , 20 cm shorter than me and not what you'd call good looking...
However his constant attention began to attract me , slowly but surely i fell for him...
He had a wife and 3 grown up sons, his marriage was over and had been in a long relationship with another woman. This relationship had also failed ( or so he told me ) even if they still jointly owned a business .
Looking back i should be able to say i should have known better...
I didn't know any better, allowed his million attentions to enchant me, i was dazzled by expensive gifts and the best tables in the very best restaurants. My divorce was just about to be finalised and his lawyer assisted me when my almost ex husband decided to ask me for alimony!
Of course everyone thought i was the typical young girl with old guy for the money, i probably would have thought the same if i was outside looking in, but i was inside , right in the middle of my fairytale romance which had finally come to me....
His various businesses were all successful, he employed about 200 people in a relatively small Sicilian town , his position called for respect and as his companion i was also respected ( at least in public, i can immagine behind my back ).
His oldest son , is exactly 1 month older than me, he detested me right from the start, the other 2 boys accepted me , the youngest in particular was very affectionate towards me.
Life was about as easy as it gets, we took trips around Europe and talked of dream destinations , cruise ships and other things that would never be...

No comments:

Post a Comment