Thursday, October 29, 2009

The good life

Life was easy, easier than it had ever been before , probably easier than it ever will be again...
I continued to work , although i no longer stayed away from home for more than a night or two at a time, i insisted that i keep working because i'd always been so completely independent.
I woke up one night as thunder broke the silence of the night, then the rain came down hard and fast and harder still.
At first a faint dripping noise alarmed me , as it got louder i got out of bed to check ... my roof was leaking , worse than leaking it was practically raining inside my treasured little appartment!!
It took 2 days to dry out my home and i prayed it wouldn't rain again until i could find someone to fix my holey roof..
A few days later i packed my warmest clothes and traveled homeward to Scotland for a few days with my family.
On my return N collected me at the airport , i always loved getting "home" to Sicily.
Only he didn't take mehome, he drove past my appartment... i thought maybe a hotel to celebrate my return? No , he took me to an appartment building and handed me a welcome home gift - keys- I'd been away for one week and he'd bought me a new appartment and had all of my things packed , moved and unpacked into my new home.
Can life be any easier than that? The roof leaks ? no problem , take a vacation and when you get back you'll have a new house with a whole roof

No comments:

Post a Comment